5 Reasons Customers Leave
- 1% pass away
- 3% move
- 14% are lured by a competitor
- 14% are turned away by product or service dissatisfaction
- 68% leave because of poor attitude or indifference on the part of the service provider. These customers believe that you don’t care if they buy from you.
How To Keep Your Customers
It is an old saying that your customers want to know that you care before they care what you know (or have for them).
It is essential to stay in contact with your customers in ways other than just taking their money.
Ask yourself if your customers needs were different 5 years ago? If the answer is yes (hint – they were) then you need to maintain contact to find out what their current and future needs are.
Customers are not always clear on what they need from you – a simple 5 minute, 5 question survey of your customers will allow you to find out:
- Why did you come to buy from us in the first place?
- Why do you keep coming back to buy from us
- What are the 2 things that we do that irritate you? (This is for the move away from people. Also ask for more than one thing – people like to fill lists)
- What are the 2 things that we could do better? (for the move towards people. Everything we do in life is either moving away from pain or towards pleasure. People tend to be more influenced by one of these – Saying “I don’t want to be poor” is the same as saying “I want to be rich” – Just different orientations.)
- Will you refer us to your non-competing contacts? And if you will what will you say?
The answers to these questions will tell you what your customers are buying for you (by the way it is not your product or service – have another look at your testimonials).
This survey should be done at least once a year and should be positioned as
In order to serve you better please be candid rather than kind.
Next week we will look at other aspects of customer service that will help you to keep on to your customers.
Bring your business to the next level, contact Kevin at 087 7431405 Today